Teen Swim Camp & Junior Lifeguard Camp
SEE OUR FLYER
Small Group Swimming Lessons
offered by HEAT Aquatics
at Lava Hot Springs’ Indoor Aquatic Center
195 N. Center, Lava Hot Springs, ID 83246
Contact HEAT Aquatics for more information
(208) 223-SWIM (7946) or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer classes will be held Monday through Thursday mornings in one week sessions.
Session 1: June 3-6
Session 2: June 10-13
Session 3: June 17-20
Session 4: June 24-27
No classes week of July 4th
Session 5: July 8-11
Session 6: July 15-18
Session 7: July 22-25
Session 8: July 29-Aug 1
Baby & Me Classes
Start at 10:00 or 10:30am
Ages 6 months to 3 years
30 minute classes
$25 per week
Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3
Start at 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, or 10:30am
No more than 4 students per instructor
$25 per week
30 minute classes
If an hour lesson is desired, register for two consecutive classes.
Advanced Level (Level 4)
Starts at 9:00am
1 hour class
Up to 6 students per instructor
$45 per week
Children's Swim Classes
Our children’s swimming lessons focus on teaching balance, breathing, floating, and water safety. Description of levels:
Level 1 -- New to swimming; learning to exhale underwater
Level 2 -- Submerges face for 5 seconds; comfortable in supported front and back floats
Level 3 -- Independently back and front floats; comfortable in deep water
Level 4 -- Swims 15 yards of front and back crawl; comfortable in deep water
Other Swim Classes
Baby & Me Class
Of course we aren’t limiting this class to only “moms.” Dads, grandparents, involved aunts, and trustworthy neighbors are welcome to bring a baby to get acclimated to the water. Besides being adorable and fun, this class offers orientation for babies and toddlers to water as well as informs parents about children’s water safety. Recommended for ages 6 months to 3 years.
Precompetitive Group & Recreational Summer Swim League
These classes are for those ready to increase their swimming endurance and learn the basics of the 4 Olympic strokes, starts, and turns. Ages 6+. Precompetitive Classes will be offered in the evenings during the summer months.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-7pm
- Each session will conclude with an optional mini-swim meet
- June Session: June 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25 & 27
- July Session: July 2, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25
- $25 per session or $45 for both.
- USA Swimming membership required ($36 for summer only + $5 HEAT team fee)
- Includes HEAT swim cap and t-shirt
Teen Swim Camp & Junior Lifeguard
This camp is for teens, ages 11-14, who want to improve their swimming ability and start learning lifeguarding skills. No prerequisite skills required, although comfort in deep water preferred. Class participants can stay at the pool for an hour of “free time” during open swim following practice. Cost is $45 per session (includes tshirt). Register online. See our Teen Swim Camp & Junior Lifeguard flyer!
June Swim Camp: June 4, 6, 11, 13
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00am-noon
July Swim Camp: July 9, 11, 16, 18
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00-11:00am
Camp participants ages 12-14 (11 year olds considered on a case-by-case basis) will have the opportunity to volunteer at the Olympic Swimming Complex as a Junior Guard, helping out with secondary duties during peak hours.
MORE ABOUT OUR JUNIOR GUARD PROGRAM
- Junior guards volunteer for at least 10 four hour shifts over the summer—40 hours total.
- Junior guards are expected to be on time for shifts; fill out timecards daily and accurately; and call the pool if s/he needs to change a shift.
- Junior guards receive free entry to the Olympic Swimming Complex and the World Famous Hot Pools throughout the summer.
- Prepare for a paying job at the Swimming Complex!
Private lessons through HEAT Aquatics are currently unavailable.